Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
netgadget
Initiate
Initiate

Dear Arlo Support Team,

I'm wondering why its not offered to alow different brightness settings for day / night. As I'm pretty sure customers are using cameras on sunny places, where low brightness needs to be used as well as during night very dark places for which high brightness would help for better motion detection and video quality?

Thank you, best wishes

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @netgadget,

You can control the brightness by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Camera> Video Settings > Brightness on your Arlo app or web client.

netgadget
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Jessica,
Thank you for your prompt answer, I'm familiar with the setting already. The problem I have is that for day Brightness level 50% is perfect, but for night Brightness level of 75% would be perfect, as far as I can see there is no option to distinguish between day/night?
Best wishes
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We currently don't have a brightness adjustment to distinguish between day or night; however, feel free to post your idea regarding this on our Idea Exchange Board. Our development team routinely reviews posts to see what features the community would like to see implemented.