Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Black Friday Deal?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
newuser1218
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo Pro for Christmas gifts at Costco thinking I was getting the latest and greatest.  Had them installed for 3 weeks and now Arlo comes out with the new 4k Ultra making my expensive purchase completely obsolete.  To add insult to injury the system is not even backward compatible?  I spent a lot of money for these systems and paid top dollar for more add-on cameras.  I feel like I have been taken advantage of by Arlo and its retailers.  Anyone else fall into the same trap that I did?  

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be fair, the Ultras were announced back in Oct/Nov of '18

For cost vs value, the Pros are pretty good either way

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
newuser1218
Aspirant
Aspirant

To be really fair, the average consumer like myself is buying what is in the store at Christmas time.  I don't give IOUs for Christmas gifts.  Now it looks like my gifts were just hand-me-downs and inventory clearance rather than fresh products with up-to-date technology.  The timing was poor.  Arlo couldnt have pushed these 4k Ultras out 1 month ahead in time for the biggest shopping days of the year(Christmas) !?  I believe this was a poor marketing decision by the company, and they should hear about it.