Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rags13
Guide
Guide

I recently installed an Arlo Pro system. I had read that you could expect anywhere from a month to multiple months on a battery charge. Well... I got 6 days on two of my cameras from original installation! I did not charge them as per the instructions stating that they already have a charge to them. Does the life get better as they are drained and recharged? What are the main factors that drain battery life? These are my busiest cameras because they cover the driveway and part of the road in front of my house. I have been playing with the sensitvity and also the activity zones to try and cut down on the triggered recordings. I do have them set to record for 90 seconds and they cross trigger each other. I was just looking for advice to see what others have done to get the most out of their batteries. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, my pro batteries last 2-3 months ...

A lot depends on the usage, recording and live viewing uses the most power.

Also a better signal to the camera allows the battery to last longer.

So try to eliminate a lot of the false triggers that record nothing important... do this by lowing the sense level slowly ( about 1-2% max at a time and test )... also remember that the PIR detects people up to a max of 25ft... so avoid the roadway and concentrate on where people would be.

Placement and sense level are very important to the battery life for max time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------