Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Won't Charge

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
IGetLucky
Follower
Follower

Hello my name is Marco Bellosi III, I have been using the Arlo Pro security system for about a year now and they were working wondefully. As of recently I have ran into trouble trying to recharge two of my cameras batteries they just will not charge up. Is this a common issue, do they need to be replaced? Are they covered under some type of Warranty? Any help would be truly Appreciated. Thanks and have blessed day.

Sincerely, Marco Bellosi III

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure you're using the Netgear power adapter that supplies both 5v and 9v outputs.

cheijink
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Is your issue resolved? I've the same problem. I had 2 camera's working fine for several years now. A month ago I bought a new camera, added it without no problems to the complete set.

A few days ago, one of the older camera's had a low battery, put it on the charger, but with no result. Ordered a new battery, but this one is also not charging via the camera. 

We now took the new camera, put the new battery in it and try to charge it... but in the app, this is also not charging. 

I can see all the camera's and when triggered, they still work... but I have no idea if the battery is charged or not.

Greetz,

Clementine

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the Netgear/Arlo power adapter that supplies both 5v and 9v outputs? Many USB supplies don't have the 9v output needed. You can try a different cable or another charger that has both outputs to see what happens. You also have a warranty so you can get faulty hardware replaced - open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

McGIord
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro and since day one none of the 4 cameras are charging, I look into the terminal and it seems the 4 connectors to the battery are not making good contact or there is a serious flaw there by design/manufacturing tolerances. I'm trying to get netgear support on this as it is unacceptable.

There is a trouble shooting guide asking us to remove and replace the battery several times with 10 minutes interval in order to see if the finicky cameras finally decide to connect to the battery, to no solution at all all my cameras are not working with the battery, they need to be plugged in directly to the power outlet with the cord in order to get them working. Hopefully netgear will stand behing their products and provide a satifactory resolution on this matter.