Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sniper222
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone else experienced a negative change within the last month regarding battery life on the arlo pro.  I have 4 cameras, all with strong connections to the base,   In just 36 hours I have lost 10 to15% depending upon camera.  I removed all devices and resynched, after fully charging the batteries, thinking that would solve this issue.  Firmware for base is1.12.0.1-27940 and cameras is 1.092.0.19-26228.  Cameras are set to best battery life in hopes they will last for a week.  2 of the batteries are new and 2 are about 8 months old, but no real difference in battery life.  Nothing else has changed regarding location of base or cameras, WiFi, etc.  The grand total of camera recordings is 2 for a total of 1 minute in the last 36 hours.  Has something changed for the negative with a recent firmware update or something else.  I used to get 3-4 months per charge on the optimized setting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sniper222
Tutor
Tutor
Ended up being a problem with base station. Not exactly sure what the problem was but had an old one from the first arlo and all good. Waiting for replacement base station from arlo. It could have been interference between router and arlo but not sure

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @sniper222,

Have you tried rebooting your Base Station to see if that helps with your battery life? You can also read here on how to extend your battery life: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life?

sniper222
Tutor
Tutor
Ended up being a problem with base station. Not exactly sure what the problem was but had an old one from the first arlo and all good. Waiting for replacement base station from arlo. It could have been interference between router and arlo but not sure