Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
aiampogi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys,

Would you know how long does the battery of Arlo Pro last? Also, is there any information on how long it takes to charge the Arlo Pro? This is crucial because this would give us information of how long the downtime of the device is.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 7.2v @ 2440maHr battery pack is rated. to last about the same as the OEM primary cells,  for 4-6 months in spec use.

( there will be a slightly larger pack also later released, along with a solar charger for hard to reach places )

Charge time depends on the charging rate..Arlo lists the charger as a "fast" charger so a quick guess would be about 2 hrs +/-

To avoid this , Netgear does offer a charge tube/2 battery packs... one pack goes in ,other pops out for fast replacement in cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 7.2v @ 2440maHr battery pack is rated. to last about the same as the OEM primary cells,  for 4-6 months in spec use.

( there will be a slightly larger pack also later released, along with a solar charger for hard to reach places )

Charge time depends on the charging rate..Arlo lists the charger as a "fast" charger so a quick guess would be about 2 hrs +/-

To avoid this , Netgear does offer a charge tube/2 battery packs... one pack goes in ,other pops out for fast replacement in cameras.

Morse is faster than texting!
Schwab1
Guide
Guide

I cannot find any information of these charger tubes, where did you get this information and how to I buy these?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Schwab1,

I believe you are referring to the Arlo Pro charging station.

For more information on this product, take a look here: Arlo Pro Charging Station (VMA4400C)

JamesC

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

Do we have any idea when the VMA4400C charging station will become available? Does anyone even have one in their possession?

Schwab1
Guide
Guide

I just oredered one today from Fry's but it says backordered until January 4

nabera
Tutor
Tutor

Battery life is super dependent on how active the area is. The one for my front door is still at 100% after about 30 days of use. The one that points out towards my front yard and gets occasional street traffic just gave the 15% warning yesterday (charging it now). So far it seems to be charging quite quick. About 10 percent in the first 10 minutes. Not exactly scientific but hopefully that helps a bit. By the way, I'm located in AZ so pretty temperate this time of year (70s during the day, 40s at night)

Regarding the charging station... my three extra batteries and charging station have been backordered on Amazon for about a month, with no estimated ship date yet.

Schwab1
Guide
Guide

James, try to get your hands on one of these and you will feel our frustration. I too ordered mine last month and it was supposed to be here already but now it is still back ordered!!!! With no ship date in sight!!!

AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ordered one of the charging tubes from B&H on 12/4/16 and mine is still backordered.  I have two spare batteries, but the only way to charge them is to keep one camera for charging and deploy the rest.  That's an expensive battery charger!

Schwab1
Guide
Guide

Just got an email from Frys saying indefinitely backordered and unable to ship. Who advertises a product and takes orders for something they cannot provide? Starting to lose faith in netgear......

NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can try your luck on the Arlo Rechargeable battery station on Amazon it says unavailable but you can click and select it. The batteries are available, but it appears that the charging station isn't. Not sure if it has ever been up or what their plans are/have been.

NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update on this. It appears that they are now available on Amazon In stock on May 9, 2017. 

So people know/don't get lost I added this picture so you know where to click.

Capture.JPG

Ppierre
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are swamp it is the first completely wireless system working so far.
ktimmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have been using my system for less than 30 days. I have had to charge2 batteries now. It takes about 90 minutes. I have ordered the charging station from CDW. It  has shipped and will arrive this week. The customer service agent with CDW told me that it is taking them about 3 weeks to deliver. 

Kathy