Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Batteries Draining Fast

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chief93
Tutor
Tutor

The last time I swapped out all two of my three batteries, they were all 100% charged on the Arlo battery charger.  They were both at  100& on August 12th.  Today I got an email saying one was at 12%.  That camera has not been on except when I checked it after puting the battery in and verifying the view.  The one that is on all the time is still at 21%.  Can anyone shed any light on why the batteries don't hold up very long.  When new is when I got the most time out of the charge and that was during the colder months.  These are the batteries that came with the Arlo Pro cameras.  I have since purchased additional batteries and the result is the same.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears that a FW change in the past few have still not fixed the battery drain 100%...some users are still experiencing more drain than normal , only some cameras ... Arlo is working on it but I don't know when the next fw will come out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Chief93,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Outdoor
Tutor
Tutor

I don't believe that people should have to have their money wasted because of a product that obviously has a major flaw which has to do with the battery draining issue.

If this is a way, for the arlo to generate more income off of people, It is not only dishonest, but is a sign of greed.

Thus, if this is true, then, the company should refund everyone for the money and time spent on this issue. Meaning climbing ladders, recharging, do all the procedures that they already know doesn't work.

I have been looking around for a better camera. So now I have to figure out what to do with the ones I have. As it is, I had to buy them one at a time, due to cost. I'm thinking should I hire an electrian so that I can keep them plugged in. Not cost effective. 

Again, I agree with the person who said that either they refund everyone, or class action. 

Personally, I would rather the problem be fixed.

How hard is that?