Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bolderview
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo Pro 5 camera system last February and had no problems with it until this summer when the base station will go offline around 4:30 to 5 p.m. and then comes back on some time during the night around 12:30 or 1 a.m.  It only does this on weekdays and not weekends.  I have made no changes to the settings, there is no time schedule set up.  I tried resetting the base station and resyncing all of the cameras.  When it is going offline, sometimes the middle light blinks, sometimes it's amber, sometimes the right light blinks, but eventually it just goes offline and comes back on during the night.  I use a netgear extender (which the base station is plugged into) and a Smart RG wireless modem/router.

3 REPLIES 3
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Make sure you don't have any parental controls or internet access controls turned on in your router that would disable internet during those times or that would block any ports during that time.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For it to be at a similar time in a similarr way, I would think it is NOT the base but the internet connection.

( byw, it is normal for the center led to blink for data transfer but not go amber which means internet out )

I would move the base unit to a more direct connection ( right off the router ) to eliminate other possible issues and test there

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bolderview
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've never changed any settings on the router since the Arlo was setup.  It used to work just fine until this started out of the blue.

I just hooked it up directly to the modem and will see what happens this afternoon.  That said, I can't use it like this permanently because I have a giant stone chimney (10 x 10 x 10 x 10) that will block access to the cameras that are furthest away (outside about 25 feet).  This is why I had it connected to the extender in a window nearer to the cameras (2 of which are inside an outbuilding).