Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
boom27
Tutor
Tutor

I have the 4 camera Arlo Pro system BaseStation hardware VMB4000r3 with firmware 1.8.9.0_11528 which has been working fine for several months and then sometime Sun night, 25 Jun or early morning, 26 Jun all cameras suddenly went offline but the basestation is still online.  I have the two green bars but the third bar/cameras is out.  I have rebooted the base several times and powered off the base several times but no luck getting the cameras back on line.  I have one camera plugged into the charger so if the others cameras batteries are dead this one should come back.  I also tried removing/replacing the battery from one camera to see if that would do anything but nothing.  When I power on the base the first light turns yellow and the third turns green momentarily but goes out when both the first and second lights turn green. Any ideas? Has the basestation had a hardware failure?

TIA, Bob

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be but try removing all cameras from Settings, My Devices and resyncing first.  Tell us what the LEDs on the base and cameras do if no luck.

boom27
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Do I need to take them all down and bring them near the base to resync like setting them up for the first time or can I leave them in place and hit the sync button on the base?

TIA,

Bob

jguerdat wrote:

Could be but try removing all cameras from Settings, My Devices and resyncing first.  Tell us what the LEDs on the base and cameras do if no luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need the cameras in close proximity to the base if for no other reason that you have to push a button on both the camera and the base.

boom27
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE, I removed the cameras from my devices as suggested above and resynced them by pressing the sync button on the base and then when the third green bar on the base began to flash green hit the sync on the cameras.  The blue light on the camera flashed slowly for bit and then went orange and then went blue flashing rapidly.  The third green bar on the base turned solid green and the camera came back online and recorded.  However, the camera only remained online for about a minute or two and then went back off line.  I followed the sequence for all four cameras and they all responded the same back online then went back offline in about a minute.  The batteries are good in all four.  I was using the IOS app v2.4.2 to remove the cameras from my devices.  All four cameras are hardware H8 and on firmware 1.092.03_12290.  Is there new camera firmware out?  Should I try again using the web version to remove the cameras rather than the IOS app?  Any suggestions/ideas?

TIA, Bob

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I don't think there would be a difference between the app or website. I suppose there's a small chance the issue was that you held the base sync button rather than just a brief press but I'm not at all sure that's the issue. I'm beginning to think it's a base issue that may require a replacement. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
HarlockSA
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same problem happened to me yesterday. 

All 5 cameras disconnected. followed the same step and still imposible to get the camera online. 

did you managed to find a solution ?

regards

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HarlockSA,

Consider a base station reboot, using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and try again.

Also be sure the batteries are charged.

JamesC

momac99
Guide
Guide

I'm having exact same problem. Good interent connection between base and router.  Rebooted and reset base with same result. Started a couple of weeks ago and now all cameras fail to connect to base. The first 2 lights same green and camera light changes to amber after sync. All batteries are good and camera sync light behavior appears to be normal.

looks like either firmware update or unit failure. System is 16 months old and has had intermittent issues, but I was always able to reset until now. 

If arlo's answer is to replace base, it's time to move on.

momac99
Guide
Guide

i received an update on 09/14/17 and that's about the same time my problems began. 

Can arlo back load my firmware?

any way to turn off auto updates?

Version
2.4.4.09.1044_18113
Released
09/14/17
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

momac99 wrote:

i received an update on 09/14/17 and that's about the same time my problems began. 

Can arlo back load my firmware?

any way to turn off auto updates?

Version
2.4.4.09.1044_18113
Released
09/14/17

You can try and ask support to back load your firmware but I doubt it. 

Nope, there's no option to turn off auto updates. 

Contact Support if they can replace your Base Station. 

gcc235
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same problem with R3 base station.  I've only had my base station for couple weeks.  The problem started ever since I've had the system.  It will only sync at most 3 days as short as a few hours.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When offline, what are the LEDs on the base shwoing?

gcc235
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support and got a replacement base station.  No more sync issues.