Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
anbumani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Recently we ahve Cyclone in Chennai, India and No Internet worked for weeks during this period we tried to connect the base as Access Point to view camera but as the base is password protected we could not able to connect. My question is camera is connected to base via Wifi and if we could able to connect base locally using Access point concept and connect the camera through it to view the status it will be helpful in our situvation kindly help.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No. The base cannot be accessed by you in any way. You could use a hotspot if cell service is available but you would still need to connect the base to it with the Ethernet cable.
anbumani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you mean i need to connect my mobile's internet in Hotspot or i can connect my Wifi Modem to base via ethernet cable and view camera using the Wifi Local Modem Hotspot? if so tell me the procedures.

Thanks in Advance

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo base will set up it's own wifi network for the cameras ONLY, you can not acess it with any other device.

The Arlo base needs and ethernet port to function as it needs internet access.... If your wifi hotspot has one then the base would connect there.

If the hotspot does not, then you will need a wifi extender that 1) hooks into your hotspot 2) has an ethernet port ( the base will plug into the extender then )

You will acces the camera system thru your normal wifi from the hotspot.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
anbumani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I tried but it does't worked i thing the local hotspot need Internet. Without Internet this system will not work.

Kindly confirm.

Cheers

Anbumani.G

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct.  The hotspot is to provide the Internet access.  Without it Arlo won't work.