Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station will not connect to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
truenorthern
Follower
Follower

my internet was down at my house for 3 days....when it came back on my Base Station will not connect to the internet.  Stays on Amber

I have Reset it

I have deleted it

I have turned it on and off

I have tried different routers

I have reconnected it back to original

I still cannot get this Arlo Base Station to connect

Do I need to send it back and have it replaced.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Turn OFF you Modem, Router, and Base unit .... then turn them back on ( one at a time leting each reboot ) in the same order.

If the Base unit's light for POWER ( left most led ) stays amber it may be base hardware...if the internet LED is amber it may be the router

I'd then give a call to Netgear Support

PS..reset is holding in the RESET button for ten secs till the front leds flash ( just in case you used the old method )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Yamiko
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is my second arlo pro base station, NetGear replaced my 1st one because of firmware issues. Now with the replacement, it only worked for 3 months, and just 2 days ago it was still working and now it cannot connect to the internet. The LED light of the globe is OFF. Tried resetting many times in a day, rebooting the router, changed the ethernet cable and still it did not work.., trying to connect the ethernet cable to my laptop which was working properly, so that means router is fine and cable is fine too.

Anyone has the same problem? And how did you troubleshoot it?

I have not called the support yet because I am not sure how much they are charging for the service. Purchased my first one Jan 2017. Replaced sometime in April by Netgear.

This problem is stressing me off and I felt robbed off when it does not work properly because it is way overpriced to purchase the item.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Warranty is one year from date of purchase.  Open a case with support.