Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station vs. original Arlo Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tish86
Tutor
Tutor

So I have two base stations, one is a Pro and the other is first gen. I have five cameras with both bases running because of poor network range. I currently have 4 cameras talking to the first gen base and only 1 camera talking to the Pro base. I don't know why I did it this way but would there be any benefit switching out the bases and using 4 cameras on the Pro and the first gen with just 1? I saw someone post the Pro has a better processor but is this true and would I have better results managing multiple cameras at once? Sometimes my video feed freezes and the cameras can be slow to connect on the first gen base. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I don think anyone has quantified the performance differences between bases. There may be a diff but no one has really tested it. Since the cameras have the same resolution is expect no real difference.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The MAJOR difference would prob not be in speed / response of the the cameras,

BUT the difference is that ONLY the PRO base can use the USB drive backup AND only with cameras synced to the Pro base.

So if you put the large number of cameras on the Pro Base, the most cameras could be backed up on the usb drive if wanted

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------