Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station keeps going offline and won't come back up

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Lphill38
Tutor
Tutor
This started happening a few weeks ago, and I just chocked it up to be a fluke. Worked fine for a couple months but now the base station will not stay online. All cords are connected properly and Internet is connected with over 20mbps. Any ideas what I can do?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a hardware problem that can only be resolved by opening a case with support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lphill38,

What is indicating that the base station is going offline? What is the LED behavior on the base station when you experience this issue?

JamesC

Lphill38
Tutor
Tutor
The middle of the three green lights will be orange. I notice because I'll go to the Arlo app and see no videos in my Library. I then try to view live, and I get a message telling me can't be viewed. - Not exact on the wording for that. I then check the base station, and middle light is orange. I power off the base station then back on, and everything will resume working again. Base is plugged into a Motorola SURFboard G6580.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lphill38,

This could be a router issue. Do you have internet access with any other devices connected to your router when you are experiencing this?

JamesC

Lphill38
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JamesC, I have noticed this while being connected to the Internet. I work from home 8-5 and am 100% using the Internet full time and have realized Arlo base station is down during those times. When I contacted Arlo support, it was down and I was chatting him via the same Internet. He was no help as he said to contact Xfinity, but the Internet is working fine.
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
yeah... that middle light being yellow is definitely no internet connection. did you try rebooting the base statiin by actually unpluging it from the the wall socket.