Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station cannot "add the device" online

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
samepp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deactivated my old VMB 4000 base station via "mynetgear" because I think it was damaged due to a electrical spike.  I have a new VMB 4000 as a back up and registered it at mynetgear.com.  I cannot "add the device" online.  I've read and tried the various recommendations, for three hours and none work.  I think it needs activated at Netgear by a techinican. I'm leaving the unit on and hoping someone who knows someone else will see this message and respond/take action.  It sure seems strange that I can't e-mail this problem to Arlo Support.  If there's and e-mail address I haven't found it.

Most respectfully,

Sam

Okinawa, Japan

samepp@me.com 

11 REPLIES 11
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Did you remove the old one from your arlo account first? Have you tried resetting the base station by using a paperclip in the back of the unit and resetting back to factory? Maybe try to reset then open your account and try to add device.

samepp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so very much "Redmoonstar". I didn't remove the old one at first then I went back and removed it then I reset the new Base Station three times and tried adding it my account, however, it timed-out. I even rebooted my network without the base station connected, let the system settle then plugged in the base station. And, each time I followed the instructions right to the "T."  I had trouble about 18 months ago and Arlo Support had to work some magic on their end.  Hopefully, it gets resolved soon.  Again, thank you for the response I sincerely appreciate it. 

VR - Sam

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry I wasn't any help. Do you have the "live chat" option for support? If you do maybe try that to contact them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing?

samepp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Guru, the power and internet LEDs are green and the camera LED is orange as I haven’t been able to sync any cameras. 

VR - Sam
Okinawa, Japan
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@samepp wrote:

Hey Guru, the power and internet LEDs are green and the camera LED is orange as I haven’t been able to sync any cameras. 

VR - Sam
Okinawa, Japan

Is the base station connected to your Arlo account? If the base station is connected try plugging a camera into the power with the supplied charger and then press the sync button on your base station when the light starts to flash press the button on your camera. Don't hold either button. If that doesn't work keep the camera plugged into power and remove the battery then try and sync again. If that doesn't work plug the charger into the usb port on your base station and try to sync again. If you still have issues you are going to need to contact support. 

samepp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Redmoonstar,

The new base station is listed as registered in “mynetgear.com” website.  I totally removed/deregistered the old base station, I think is was damaged from a power spike.  I honestly think Arlo Support needs to tweak the new base station from their end so I can “Add Device” and then sync the cameras.  Thanks for your input.

VR - Sam

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Registering the base or anything else in MyNetgear does nothing to set up the system - that's just a way to verify warranty, etc. You need to follow the instructions and claim the base by using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base into your account. Once that's done, the Camera LED will go out and you can sync your cameras.

samepp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guru, that is exactly what I did. Every time I try to add the device it times out thus it isn’t being recognized and will not load so I can add my cameras. It’s going to be interesting to learn why my replacement base doesn’t load. VR - Sam
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

samepp,

Is the device you're using to claim the new base station connected to the same network as the base station?

Have you tried claiming using a different device (PC, mobile phone, etc.)?

JamesC

samepp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey James C.
Yes, I have tried using my iPhone via WiF, and my Mac via cable, plugged into the same router as the new VMB 4000 base station.. For whatever reason, the add device function will not connect the new replacement base station. The old base station was deleted “after” adding the new one......perhaps there is a conflict connecting at Arlo/Netgear HQ. I did contact the Support Center via Chat prior to any techs workday and I’m awaiting a response.