Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station cannot connect to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Yamiko
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is my second replacement of Arlo pro Base station, they sent me the certified refurbished one.
Same with the previous base stations I had before, the one I have now cannot connect to the internet after less than a month of having it. My internet provider was down for a day so basically base station went offline, now that my internet is back, the base station stopped connecting to the internet. Did reset many times, tried different port in the router, changed the cables many times, it did not work. All the devices I have connect to the internet except my base station.
This is giving me headaches all the time, wasting my entire day figuring out again how to make it work and for the fact that this is the 3rd replacement I recieved, wasting money sending back the previous units and the system is not good. It does not work as expected.

I want to return the unit now as I am giving up wasting my time troubleshooting and keep calling to the support and keep sending the bad units and keep receiving a bad unit.

Can i return the product as I am very very dissatisfied and disappointed with my Arlo Pro?
5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Contact support one more time for an RMA or go back to your retailer. Sorry to hear you've had troubles TWICE! Most people can simply power cycle their base after a loss of power or internet and it'll all function again but perhaps something more major happened when your internet went down. I'd suggest a factory reset but it sounds like you either have already tried that or are just plain over it. Oh, is this your second or third unit? 😮

Yamiko
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the third unit. but second replacement unit.
Yes I tried factory reset more than 10 times, changed ports, changed cables, connecting the cable to my laptop to make sure there is an internet connection, turning it on and off, removing the power cord at the back of the base, it does not work.
When internet was back since this morning, I did thr trouble shooting for more than 6 hours, I wasted my time trying to make it work.
I cannot return the product to the store coz this is not the original unit that I purchased from them before, and it has been 9 months already, they only accept returs withing 30 days of purchased. This third unit Netgear sent me as replacement is only CERTIFIED REFURBISHED too.
i am disappointed that in less than a year, the base station was replaced many times because of similar problems. I think my I wasted $329 plus tax with my Arlo Pro wiresless system with Arlo Pro HD camera.

It is not cheap and having a very bad unit all the time. 😞 so disappointing.

I am trying to always contact the support coz few months from now, If I have problems with the unit, getting a support will cost me money.

I really want to return everything to them and refund me even 80% of what I spent.

This product is not worth it with all the hassles it gave me. And I need to spend hours and hours troublshooting it coz I need to use it, but such a disappointment.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo support doesn't end at this point in time. I find the Live Chat with the netgear agent to be the easiest way to work through any issues. Give that a go when they're available

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yamiko,

What are the LED behaviors on the base station? If you've performed a factory reset, did you also remove and reclaim the device on your Arlo account?

I would suggest logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices and removing the base station. After it has been removed,  go back to your account main screen (Devices) and click "Add Device". Select base station and follow the on screen instructions. If you're having trouble discovering the device, you may need to manually factory reset the base by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Also be sure the device you are using to add the base station to your account is connected to the same network as the base station.

JamesC

Yamiko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for all the responses. I did all the above suggestions for troubleshooting and other troubleshootings possible but it did not work. . I contacted support again and they are replacing. Hope this is the last one and hope it will work fine now.

Thanks again!