Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station Offline - Amber Internet Light for AT&T

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
kentlee
Guide
Guide

My arlo system suddenly went offline earlier this evening in the middle of a live view and my system showed that the base station was offline.

I've tried power cycling and resetting the base station, router, and modem in my home and have no luck at all. The base station is connected into my Netgear Orbi Satellite which shows a good connection and where all other connected devices are accessing the internet.

I finally removed the base station from the system and was hoping to add it back in - but since the internet LED (middle) stays amber, it won't even have a chance of connecting.

This reminds me of when the system went down almost exactly a year ago due to an AT&T U-Verse ISP issue.... but at the moment I can still visit the web portal and the app logs in fine, so it doesn't seem exactly the same.

Is anyone else having an issue with their Arlo system going suddenly offline?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kentlee
Guide
Guide

I finally got the green light last night and tried another hard reset where I held down reset button for 30 sec. After two tries, I was finally able to find the base station and add it along with all of my cameras back on.

Really frustrating that it just happened out of nowhere but I'm glad I was able to resolve it.

If you do have the green lights but aren't able to add the base station, make sure to double check it is removed. The first time I was trying to add it didn't work and I wasn't able to try again until I realized it was in the system but needed to be removed again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kate0888
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have spent the past 2 hours trying to reconnect my base station to my AT&T internet. Is there an issue with AT&T and arlo?
kentlee
Guide
Guide

Mine just suddenly disconnected this evening too. Arlo Pro but same base station. Also using AT&T.

I finally go the internet light green again int he last hour but still cannot seem to get the base station setup since I removed it in an attempt to setup. My base station just gets stuck in the "checking for firmware updates" section.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

did you try a full reset by holding in the reset for 10 or more secs till the leds flash?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting your router and base, in that order.

VMcPak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had the same thing happen to me. I also removed the base station. Still not able to find my base station to setup as of This morning even though the internet light show green.
VMcPak
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem and I’m on AT&T U-verse.
kentlee
Guide
Guide

I finally got the green light last night and tried another hard reset where I held down reset button for 30 sec. After two tries, I was finally able to find the base station and add it along with all of my cameras back on.

Really frustrating that it just happened out of nowhere but I'm glad I was able to resolve it.

If you do have the green lights but aren't able to add the base station, make sure to double check it is removed. The first time I was trying to add it didn't work and I wasn't able to try again until I realized it was in the system but needed to be removed again.