Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloPro_gk
Aspirant
Aspirant

So have been monitoring my data plan usage and I have discovered even though I am on wi-fi at home and at work whenever I access "devices" or library videos on my Android phone the "usage" of bandwidth is being charged against my data plan.   Flipped a new month yesterday being Feb 1st and so far for one day 53mb foreground on data and 0 background on data.  3mb foreground wi-fi and 153kb on background wi-fi..  My understanding is as long as your wi-fi connected everything should hit wi-fi usage, but this is not the case.  App is the latest version per Play Store.    Arlo Pro Android App ver 2.3.0_15491 Dec 17th 2016 Data vs WiFi Usage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloPro_gk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Discovered my work wi-fi was the issue, not assigning me phone an ip so it defaulted to data usage.  I have since resolved the issue and the app is using wi-fi for foreground data usage now as expected.   😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a guess here but I suspect it's due to the app still being awake when you're not connected to WiFi.  That's how you would get push notifications.  To test, you'd need to log out of the app specifically rather than just closing it.

ArloPro_gk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Discovered my work wi-fi was the issue, not assigning me phone an ip so it defaulted to data usage.  I have since resolved the issue and the app is using wi-fi for foreground data usage now as expected.   😉