Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Arb552
Tutor
Tutor

Since moving alarm into upper right corner, I have a very low sounding alarm? Instead of 100db it might be 40db!

77 REPLIES 77
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not you. The app is quiet, a browser is normal. I've been told a ticket is open on it.

Jimmer559
Initiate
Initiate

Recent upgrade to the Arlo Pro base station has been confusing and disabeling. Alarm is now do quiet I can comfortably sit next to it as it is alarming. Siren activate button hone again. Programs not working, etc. Reset base 2X, no help. Uninstalled program and reloaded, cameras work but alarm is soft and quiet, not painful like it was. The alarm button has moved again. Red icon ,top right corner leads to e911 registration and call a friend. Finally, alarm activation. If someone is in the house uninvited, I want instant access. And a piercing alarm now. Not after looking for it in a list. Every time you upgrade you make things worse. Learn how to ring out the changes before sending it to your customers. Tired of being guinnea pig for lazy programmers.

Blanker
Star
Star

I'm not sure I understand your reply. The "app" is quiet? The "browser" is normal?

There might be a ticket in for what, the volume or the tone of the siren?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I meant that if you use the app to trigger the siren, the volume is muted. If you use a browser to trigger it, the volume is normal. Apparently the app sets the volume to a lower level and then triggers the alarm. Since there's no way to set the volume manually yourself, it's an app problem.

The ticket is for the app using a lower volume siren.

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

I have done a little investigating and here is my finding.  

When using the Android app on a Samsung device you get a low-volume when you test the alarm. However, when you test the alarm using the browser on a Samsung device, you get a very loud alarm. I have tested this both on a Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. My conclusion is simple. The problem lies with the Android app and not the device. I assume the Android app defaults to the low volume 1 testing your alarm and not the high volume. Just my observation.

BondJmsBond
Initiate
Initiate

I was on a 1 hour chat with support about this same problem. They were clueless. No help at all. 

I also informed them that this was not a problem since they made a recent change to the siren feature. It used to be a slide out from above. Now I have a red apostrofee symbol that opens the siren and I slide from left to right. less than half the volume level I had before they made this software change. All support wanted to do is show me how to set the motion alarm for siren. They finally understood that I was stating that my manually turned on alarm was very low volume. No help though.  I also informed them that my push to speak function is also VERY low volume and unusable for those trying to talk to me on my porch. They blamed it on slow web speed.  Turrible, as C. Barkley says.

supertaperking
Guide
Guide
This has to be fixed in an update. This is beyond bad for Arlo.
supertaperking
Guide
Guide
This is not possibly your problem. It's obviously a software update that lowered the volume. They need to send out another update with a bug fix.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's an app problem since it works fine when using a browser.

supertaperking
Guide
Guide
App update requested.

😁😁😁😁
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
Mines not working again unless I move the base around after trying to activate the alarm. And doe not work on all cameras.
supertaperking
Guide
Guide
Come on Arlo. Let's get this app updated. Such a good product shouldn't have such a single flaw ruin it like this. The alarm on command is key if someone is trying to break in and you don't want audible alarm on all the time.
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
I tried setting my alarm to motion activated and it worked all right until It set off my base in the living room and it was so loud my ears hurt for a bit! So now I can't leave it on motion activated either!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Blanker
Star
Star

My Amazon return windows closes at the end of January.  Please fix this or I am returning this sytem and you will be losing a customer for life.

Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
I have figured out a way to make my alarms work but it is not easy like it was before with the pull down alarm. I wish you could just change it back. Thanks for your time.
Chris45
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just set up my Arlo pro 2 and everything works great. My wife sounded the siren from her iPhone 8 and you can't stand in the house! I sounded it today from my LG V30 and it is not loud at all. From what I am reading, it depends on the phone you sound it from. I hope there is a fix for this.
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
I haven't asked my daughter to try it from her iphone 8 and honestly I think I will ask her not to unless she's here visiting. When the alarm is loud it's to loud at my base. I did figure out how to get mine to work to suit me but it's a long process and it should be easy like it was before.
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
Well the alarms are not working again on any of my cameras or from any of my devices ! I'm giving up on trying to get them to work right. Maybe they will get it figured out soon! They are awesome and I am a huge fan other then this glitch that's happening!
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
This morning I figured out its something to do with the base set . If I activate the alarm and pick up the base set and push in on the Internet cable that runs from the back of my base to the back of my wireless router it will activate the alarm on my base and my cameras. Aspirant, At first when i push in on the cable somtimes it's a very low alarm then if I push on it again it will be louder. Hope this help!
Arb552
Tutor
Tutor
Tobypatch, to me it sounds like you have a bad cable or bad connection on box. You shouldn't have to touch or move a cable to make it work! Try a diff cable or get the unit replaced.
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
I think I will just take it back to best buy. This is a fairly new system and it worked fine with the pull down alarm. I will take It back this weekend and exchange it and update my results on here. I think it's the base I have. Thanks for replying

Arb552
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS, hello why can't we keep the alarm as a pull down (like it was before this last update) (it was very easy to use) you have to keep this simple for some who are not very tech savy and you can keep the red shield in upper right corner with the 911 & call a friend. Keep them separate, cause to use alarm in an emergency should be alone and easy to use.
I'll bet if you took a poll you would find a lot of users agree with me!
Thanks
By the way, sounding the alarm from app, volume is still very low.
Arlo Support Case # 40664574
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
I totally agree and even mentioned it before. They should put it back the way it was. I should not be having to wiggle cable or pick up the base to make it alarm. You make an excellent argument to put the alarm back! I second that motion!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.