Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 6 Camera Question

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chevygurl13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was just wondering if i bought the Arlo Pro 6 wirefree cameras for my barn to help keep an eye on my horses could i access it from my phoneon the arlo app like i can my arlo go camera that i have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

As far as I know all the Arlo cameras show up in the phone app. You might face a range problem, though. 

Brian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

As far as I know all the Arlo cameras show up in the phone app. You might face a range problem, though. 

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You may run into a limitation on the number of cameras ( depending on your account level )

Basic level for free is 5 ( except the special 6 camera setup )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
brh
Master
Master

I read somewhere that with the 6 camera set only 5 cameras can be active at one time without moving to the next subscription plan although you can switch which camer you want to be the inactive one.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

Depending on the range from the barn to the house, one could put up another base station in the barn, (no limit to the number of base stations). Just depends on if you can get a decent wifi signal out there. 

Another option, (although more expensive), would be to put an Arlo Go camera out there. 

Oh, I see you already have an Arlo Go. Is it placed out there? Anyway if you can get wifi out to the barn, any Arlo camera or kit will work.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

brh wrote:

I read somewhere that with the 6 camera set only 5 cameras can be active at one time without moving to the next subscription plan although you can switch which camer you want to be the inactive one.

Brian

there were special kits.... with six cams and a special code used during registration to allow all 6 cameras, not sure if this option is still sold

Morse is faster than texting!
Chevygurl13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes my arlo go is placed in thr barn and I could probably get the WiFi to reach I was just looking into trying to get multiple cameras I but I paid 398.89 for my arlo go and I am not about to spend that much money on 1 individual camera even thought it has been awesome to keep an eye on my horses with its just not in the budget to get more I just wanted to make sure I could view all the cameras thru the app if I went that route thanks so much for all your answers
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The easy, cheap way to go is to leave the existing Go on your first account. Create a second account using a different email address and add the new system to that account. Once set up, use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first. Once the emailed directions are complete, you'll see all cameras in one login. You'd still be free to add 4 more cameras to the first account if you ever needed to.