Arlo Pro 4 camera + adding a few arlo Qs

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
brewbush
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I am looking to potentially purchase the arlo pro set of 4 cameras, I am looking for wirefree camera solution.

My question is if I want to pair the 4 indoor/outdoor cameras and then pick up 3-4 additional arlo Q for indoor use only, how can I set them up over the single base station?  My ideas were...

1.  I could upgrade the storage plan to the $100/year version, I assume this would allow me to open the app and see all 7-8 cameras at the same time?  Can I do live view on all of them at the same time?

2. Can I have 2 different free accounts, one mine and one my wifes.  Have the outdoor 4 on one account...and the indoor 4 on another.  Can I then keep them all on the same single basestation and one account share with the other on the app.   Allowing viewing of all 8 at the same time?

Those are really the only 2 options I can think of...other then getting the 4 pack arlo pro.....and then getting a few nest cameras for the indoor ones.  2 different apps on the phone may be a bit too clunky when I am after streamlining.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras have no connection to the base - think of them as having their own base built-in.

Setting up 2 accounts so neither exceeds the 5 camera limitation works well.  To see them all in one login, use Settings, Grant Access from one account and add the email address for the other account. After completing the invitation email directions, all cameras will be available in the second account's login.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras have no connection to the base - think of them as having their own base built-in.

Setting up 2 accounts so neither exceeds the 5 camera limitation works well.  To see them all in one login, use Settings, Grant Access from one account and add the email address for the other account. After completing the invitation email directions, all cameras will be available in the second account's login.

brewbush
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I see that the Q's do not attach to the base station.  However I see what you are saying that I would still need the 2 accounts to be able to view them in total, since 5 is max for viewing.

Another just basic set up question.....2 accounts with the respective cameras on each.  If I wanted to use account #1 as the main login...I would log in to the #2 account and share from that account thereby making all cameras visible on the #1 account?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You got it!