Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ThermoDyn
Star
Star

Good afternoon 

I have an Arlo Pro 4 located on our front door that has begun running down very quickly - I want to say it started around the beginning of May.

The battery used to last 2-3 months on a charge but now I am lucky to get a week out of it.

I have removed the camera and factory reset it and readded it - same result.

The camera is located only 20 feet away from the smart hub it is connected to, and the wifi status shows three bars. The battery setting are set to optimized. I have tried two different batteries.

Firmware 1.080.20.1_23_d450a19d, Hardware version H4

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How many minutes of recording are you getting per day?  If you use activity zones, you need to disable them for a couple of days to estimate this.

ThermoDyn
Star
Star

I have an activity zone there - let me disable and I will get back to you after I check it.

ThermoDyn
Star
Star

I think you may be on to something - I have a bush there that has need a trim back for a couple of weeks that I have been putting off.  I have it sectioned off with an activity zone but likely I need to trim that so its not causing detentions in the wind. 

I didnt realize the activity zone worked by filtering the detection in the cloud.