Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 USB Recording Fine with Internet but NOT with Internet/LAN Down

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
comp98
Follower
Follower

All-

I am having some issues with my Arlo Pro's recording to the USB...Here is my current scenario and use case...

With the internet connected and the system Armed I can walk in front of the camera. It detects the motion, notifies me (notifications turned on) and then records the video to the cloud and the USB simultaneously (I can confrim USB recording by ejected and viewing on my iMac (see attached screenshot). The USB drive shows 8 recordings, while the Arlo Cloud shows 2. But, only the 2 from the Cloud are viewable from the USB. The rest are just Black (small in size). In my testing, with the LAN removed from the Arlo Pro Base station, link light goes off (as it should), the left light (power) and right light (camera connectivity) are solid green still. I walk in front of my camera (still left in Armed mode). I return after about 30 seconds. Plug back in the LAN. After about 20 seconds the middle light (LAN/Internet) is back on. However, it does not record locally to the USB, nor does it then upload to the cloud. Isn't this how it is supposed to work?

My Orbi router is very close to my bed. So at night, I would like to turn off power to the Orbi, while leaving the Arlo Pro Base (downstairs) plugged in and running, as to capture any motion over night. My expectation, is that when my Orbi router is turned on, and thus LAN restored to the Arlo Pro Base, that it would then upload any local USB recordings to the cloud, so they are in sync. Is this possible? Am I missing something? I've tried a different USB drive and re-formatting. I've also tried turning off local recording and back on. Any help is much appreciated. Thx!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Any backup videos on the usb drive do not go to the cloud ( if internet is out ) , there is no auto backfill.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------