Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Qavion
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, folks

I'm having problems with the audio breaking up during live feed on my Arlo Pro 2. It's ok during playback. Video is ok. My internet wifi upload speed is around 0.9Mb/sec (7~9Mb/sec download). The sound breakup is rapid, like fast morse code being superimposed on the audio. My morse listening skills are not so good, but I hear a lot of "f"s (seriously). It happened about 2~3 months after installing the system. I even had a telephone serviceman look at the line to make sure it wasn't a line problem (I have ADSL2+ through copper cables). Anyway, it was working fine before. Something has changed and I can't figure out what it is.

Hope you can help

Best wishes

Q.

55 REPLIES 55
F3
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 5 camera Arlo Pro camera system has the exact same issue.  It has work fine for 1 1/2 years.  This problem started within the last couple months.  I've always had a 100mb fiber download with 15mb upload.  So speed isn't the fix.  In fact my wifi was recently upgraded to 200mb under peak conditions.   I feel this is an Arlo firmware problem that needs to be fixed asap.  

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

@F3 wrote:

My 5 camera Arlo Pro camera system has the exact same issue.  It has work fine for 1 1/2 years.  This problem started within the last couple months.  I've always had a 100mb fiber download with 15mb upload.  So speed isn't the fix.  In fact my wifi was recently upgraded to 200mb under peak conditions.   I feel this is an Arlo firmware problem that needs to be fixed asap.  

I concur. This has been an open issue for at least 6 months, and without a doubt it's a Netgear firmware or server side issue that they are unable to resolve.

Does anyone know if this issue affects Arlo Pro 2 cameras as well?

MichelleML
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. I have dsl internet. About 1up and 5down. My arlo worked fine at these speeds until the upgrade. Now choppy and barely useable. So frustrating. Anyone know of any other "arlo like" cameras that will allow me to view my camera remotely at these dsl speeds? I live in the middle of nowhere, so dsl is my only option. Tried a nest brand camera and it wouldn't even connect at all due to upload speeds less than 2.
wof
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this issue or is there a global thread talking about this? I have an alro q but it seems like it hit all models

Sameproblem27
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just took it out of the box from BestBuy. Four camera w/base audio barely comes over to camera. Should I box it back up? Arlo Pro 2 system. This stuff is over priced but I went for it because of the good reviews. I guess I’ll start looking all over again. The support from Arlo sounds like my audio to my camera. Choppy and nonexistent:(
BTarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Take it back. And stay away from Arlo.