Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 1 drains only 2 of the 4 batteries

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tonyschawks
Star
Star
I have 5 Arlo Pro 1 cameras. Two of the five cameras only drain 2 of the four batteries. I have tried different rechargeable and non-rechargeable cr123a batteries and the results are the same. I have cleaned the terminals of the camera and confirmed firmware is updated for the WM3000 base and cameras. Any troubleshooting tips are appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, if you are using 4-123 type cells, they are the Arlo Wireless or HD cameras ( not Pro ) ( same item called 2 names )

Usu, it is the terminals that are compressed or dirty that causes this ( as the camera can work on one pair of cells )

( the two pairs  electronically filp-flop to share the battery drain when working properly )

So try again with a pencil eraser on the terminals, make sure they are NOT overly compressed ( if so GENTLY try to expand them ...some have damaged the springs )... also when closing let the door close and push in the batteries.

As PS, the electronic part that flip the sets of batteries may have gone bad, but I have't seen it happen before, usu its the contacts somehow

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, when inserting batteries DON'T push them down. Let the battery door do the pushing.