Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bebe2016
Follower
Follower

This last weekend I bought the three camera Arlo Pro System in Costco and I have been testing the system since then. However, I am having issues with the audio coming out from the Camera speaker, this is very very weak in each one of the cameras, and pretty much nobody can hear what I am saying when using the Arlo App in my Galaxy 7 Samsung.  I have checked the volume setting for each one of the Camera using the app and this is a 100%. I must say that I am getting a very good quality imagen and sound in my cellphone from each Camera, so my only  issue  is basically the sound coming out from the Camera speaker. As far I know I have downloaded the latest available firmware for each one of the components (Camera 1.092.0.3_12290  receptor 1.8.9.0_11528) as well as the latest version of the app for my cellphone (android galaxy 7, Arlo app version 2.4.2_17124).

What should I do ? How this issue can be solve? Please advise

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The audio level coming out of android has been an issue NG has been working on for a while... others have complained too.

The only thing I can recommend ( have an S7 too ) is try it on speaker phone or an ear bud mic if you have one. the major issue is the lack of mic control in the unit ( unlike a pc where you have an adjustable mic input )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
booaoof
Guide
Guide
I have same issue and am using Iphone 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

booaoof,

Take a look at your cameras volume settings. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the desired Arlo Pro > Audio Settings > make sure speaker volume is turned up. 

JamesC

booaoof
Guide
Guide
Dear,
Please note that the sound volume at maximum, I have 10 numbers of camers with two stations and all same
DanTran99
Star
Star
This is what I just posted on another thread:

I just bought this system and am having the same issue. I tried the “tap” test and found that the sound is not picking up from the iPhone mic; it’s more responsive at the “noise canceling” mic next to the rear camera. This is bad software engineering. The sound is still whisper quiet if you try to use the noise cancelling mic.

Logic would dictate that reversing the roles of both mics would lower the output to the Arlo Pro cam. The rear mic on the iPhone is used to detect background noise and erase it from the main mic. If you reverse this, the main mic would pick up louder sound and cancel out the rear mic almost completely.

This is most likely the cause for the whisper quiet output from the Arlo Pro can. Netgear needs to correct their application!