Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I have an Arlo PRO system and I use the USB to keep recordings.  I noticed that when I check it, the time stamp of the files is off by 1 hour. (It's one hour faster).  I have checked the timezone on the base, it's correct.  When I check recordings in the cloud, they are correct.  I am only seeing this issue to videos saved to the USB drive.  Any ideas on getting the correct time synced?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Power cycle the base. That usually corrects time issues.
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I'm an Engineer, while I can appreciate "reboot" as a possible troubleshooting tool, this base has been rebooted many times so it's not an issue with being rebooted.  I've also set the timezone to a different time zone, then reverted it back to CST.  The cloud recording times are correct.  The USB time stamps are off by 1 hour (1 hour ahead).  There is something else wrong here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had to reboot an Arlo device recently to correct a time discrepancy.  It happens.

However, it sounds like your issue may be more expansive.  It's a PITA but reset the system and start fresh.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices.  Open and close battery doors (remove battery packs and reinstall if Pro cameras). Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  I don't have an explanation for what happened, just empirical evidence that such things clear up weird happenings.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Unfortunately, this is not an acceptable solution.  First, I'm a beta tester for Arlo smart.  Reseting my system will loose that feature and I'll have to go thru hoops to get that restored.  Secondly, any system that requries this kind of work to reset a simple time issue should have it's head examined.  This is beyond a PITA, this is stupid.  This issue should be escalated to the developer team and I'll be reaching out to netgear senior management (since i have all thier email addresses) to get some visbility on this.  It's a bit nuts to expect someone to reset an entire system to correct a time bug when the issue only presents on local storage, not the cloud.  If there was truly a configuration issue, the problem would follow both locally and to the cloud.  While I appreciate your advise, iit's really not a good recommendation.  Given how mobile arlo cameras are, you can imagine I'm not going to get a ladder out, go to the 5 different locatons on my home, pull these cameras down, reset all this stuff, etc. That's simply not a good solution.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked to see where the "data' is going to... Which servers and where ?   Recently saw an issue with server in another time zone causing shift in time logged... thats a bug  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

The data in the cloud is fine.  The timestamp is correct.  What I'm referring to is the timestamp on the files on the LOCAL USB drive.  When I pull the drive to go back to some archives, the times are all off by 1 hour (ahead by 1 hour).  The time on the base is set correctly (CST time zone) and as I mentioned, the cloud shows the correct time (CST).  It's only the files saved to the local USB drive, I'm saving my recordings to the USB (utilizing the local storage option) for arlo pro.  It's not a huge big deal but it's certainly annoying because the timestamp is ahead an hour.  Perhaps when day light savings time kicks in it will be correct, who knows.