Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Geofencing - Schedule and Geofencing Enabled Notification Issue Workaround

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

The issue with “Geofencing” and “Schedule” as Home mode is a known bug for Android users.

I found out that when I changed mode on my iPad from “Disarmed” to “Geofencing” the system worked as it should work.

Away > Armed

Home > Schedule (Armed from 0000-0700 & 2100-2359)

So I think this is a workaround for users with an Android phone and an Apple device. Just change mode only via the Apple device and your Android Arlo app will work fine.

The “Geofencing is enabled” notification is something I would rather not have. But since “Geofencing” for Android users is fixed (after months of not working at all) I can live with it.

For me “Geofencing” is now working with 2 Android devices, my main device and my wife’s device with “Grant Access” permission.

TO ARLO ANDROID DEVELOPERS:

I have an Arlo Pro System and 5 camera’s and I used to have a Arlo Wire Free system and 3 camera’s.

So I have paid a lot for my families security.

When can we expect a fix for the “Geofencing” in combination with “Schedule” mode when at home.

This is a bug many other users have so please don’t ask to reset my system and to reinstall my app, this is a known bug for Andoid users.

Secondly, the persistent notification “Geofencing enabled”; is it possible to change the Android Notification channel so I can disable this specific notification. If I now disable this notification, all other notifications from the app are disabled as well (Geofencing status update’s & motion alerts).

Another thing that is very welcome in the Arlo Android App, LED color customization in the notification setting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday’s Android Arlo app update fixed the problem for me.

I am now able to arm and disarm the camera’s based on geofencing and when at home based on my schedule.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pootle78
Star
Star
TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, for me it does work.

Having the latest Android and iOs app's installed, when changing modes on my iPad to Geofencing the Arlo System is Armed when both my wife's and my phone are out of zone. And the Arlo System is in Schedule when at least one of us is at home.
Thus disarmed during the day and armed during the nicht.

Pootle78
Star
Star

Sorry I wasn’t meaning to dispute that., I was just highlighting that there is a bug (for iOS-only users at least) that Arlo need to fix.
Good to hear that you at least have a workaround for your setup in the meantime.

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

I understand you, no worries.

Important for us and all Arlo customers, Arlo app developers need to speed things up.
Both Android and iOs app's don't work as supposed to be for a long long time.
Let alone, Geofencing for Android (both single device and multiple devices) wasn't working at all for months.
Now for me the Geofencing part (not the "modes" under geofencing) seems to be fixed, Arlo fix the other issues for both Android and iOs as well.

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday’s Android Arlo app update fixed the problem for me.

I am now able to arm and disarm the camera’s based on geofencing and when at home based on my schedule.