Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mycrib
Follower
Follower
i am reading that you are fixing the firmware problem for the batteries draining. i have had mine system since January and never had an issue., until yesterday. Got an e-mail Monday that my batteries are 10%.. I charged them and yesterday i got an e-mail saying they were 10% again. That was 4 days and all 5 cameras are drained. What can I do to fix this.
2 REPLIES 2
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you didn't have a battery drain issue until yesterday that doesn't sound like the firmware issue because you've probably been on the latest firmware for over a month now. I suppose it's possible you just got updated, but not likely. First thing I'd try is reboot the base station. Pull batteries on cameras and reinsert doesn't hurt either.

If it is the battery drain issue then there isn't anything you can do to fix it. Arlo is testing new firmware currently to hopefully resolve this issue for those that are experiencing it.

aBjerris
Aspirant
Aspirant
+1
I installed my system in January. The batteries last till August when I charged the batteries for the first time. While charging I noticed that there was a firmware update. Now after less than a month one camera I down to 4% and the other to 69%. When ca we expect the problem to be solved? Is there an official thread about this known power issue?