Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station has not been running for several weeks and might be a power issue?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DrPots
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo system (model VMB4000r3 with 5 cameras) went south in January 2019. I tried re-setting to factory standard about 20 times. I could get the system back up for a day or less. I called Arlo support and had two tickets. 40741478 and 40762117 was the last. I taked to "Kent" in Davao and then Najid in India. They tired to tell me that my AT&T modem needed to open ports 80 and 123. I asked why that would be the case. My system had been funtioning since March 2018 with no problems. I get all different combinations of ornage anf green lights on my base station. I have not been able to get system running for several weeks. Could this be a power issue either in the base station or the transformer?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be either. If you have a universal power supply with the same ratings as the Arlo one (make sure the polarity is the same, too) you could try that. Fortunately, base stations aren't nearly as expensive as the cameras so a new one will be less of a cost pain.

BTW, AT&T did have problems recently but that doesn't explain the LEDs - they all have to be green to work. The AT&T issue was causing the Internet LED to be amber.