Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Login Not Working 12/20

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

12/20/2019 App hasn't worked all morning. @ShayneS @JamesC Can someone please investigate. Down Detector shows others having the same issue. Web portal works. App doesn't.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working here (Rochester, NY) and as far as I can tell hasn't had problems. Where are you? Which app? Have you tried both cell service and WiFi? Maybe it's a service issue.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think the new app update is causing some issues. Can't set my Security Lights since the update, there's definitely something wonky with the app. Going to uninstall and go to a previous version. I really wish Arlo would vet their app releases better. No changes on my end and the app update breaks stuff.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Even on older app versions, On LTE the app literally won't load. At home on WiFi I don't have issues. This just started happening. There's a Reddit post about it. Did Arlo change something on their backend to cripple the app on LTE?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can log in every time on WiFi or cell service. It's not a widespread issue so use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Latest-App-Runs-Slow/m-p/1745990#M73509

I even did a factory reset this weekend with no improvement -- prior to last week it was fine with no changed on my end, so how is this possibly anything we the users are doing...Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.40.58 AM.png

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Closing my own thread, this was all on Arlo's server end...all of my time wasted for nothing. Good times!!