Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App: Geofencing Enabled Notification

tmmwt2
Tutor
Tutor

On othe Arlo app, for Android, when I have geofencing enabled I have a notification that states "Geofencing is enabled".  I have push notifications turned off and I want to disable this notification as well; however, I still want to use geofencing.  Any help is apprecaited. 

123 REPLIES 123
CelticDroid
Initiate
Initiate
sikboi
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue on Galaxy S8 only send to be a thing in the latest build release (1/7/19)

Android 8.0.0
Arlo App: 2.7.0_23403
Ackastner517
Guide
Guide
Same issue here after most recent update.

Samsung S8 Android version 8.0.0
Arlo 2.7.0

Screenshot of notification attached. If you swipe, it only offers the option for settings, where you can completely turn off all notifications. Not what you want to do with security cameras
Obscur3
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing here. Persistent geofencing notification that can't be swiped away.
Today I started receiving motion alerts that I also can't swipe away.

Galaxy S9
filip78
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing here. s8+

thanks for help

Jtaylor718
Initiate
Initiate
Following, same issue
Robert95z
Initiate
Initiate
Same issues here also..
jse1982
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has anyone seen this the notification go away yet? I still have it all the time and still unable to swipe it away. In a way I'm almost scared to mess with it too much because my system is finally working as desired (finally getting alerts for arm/home when on geofence) and everything else appears to be working. Just hate that I have this up on my phone all the time.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Our development team is aware with some users are unable to remove the notification when "Geofencing is Enabled" on the Arlo Android app and is currently investigating the issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding and will update the community once we hear more information.

VRF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunatley this isn't a problem on my iPhone. You can idividualy swipe and clear those geofencing notifications away. How does Android handle them - bulk ?

thekpher
Initiate
Initiate
You can individually dismiss various notifications from a single app in Android, but the issue here is this particular geofencing notification is persistent, meaning you cannot swipe it away this style of notification is unique and rare in Android, I only use it for apps like media players and that's about it.

For Arlo, this is an issue if you are particular about keeping notifications clean, like I am, as I now constantly have an Arlo notification sitting in my top notification bar. My desired outcome is an icon of Arlo in my top notification bar means I need to go look at something. The only way to achieve this is by disabling geofencing.

Thank you for pursuing this bug fix! It's seemingly affecting many Android models.

Pixel 2 XL
Android 9
Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same on my S8 - following..

cyberr8der
Guide
Guide
Same problem. Wasting time just like everyone else here. QA your stuff......
djsassan
Star
Star

This is always in the notification bar and cannot be removed.  Quite annoying, only started after the latest update.

Also, when I enter/exit the geofencing zone, I get no notification of Arlo arming or disarming.  However if I have the app open, it does let me know that Arlo has armed/disarmed.  So if I want it to let me know, I have to drive away from my home with the app open to get the notification.  Quite annoying!

Anyone else?

nixitch
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here. Pixel 3 XL, Android Pie.
swankee21
Initiate
Initiate

Following as well. Persistent "Geofencing is enabled" notification popped up this morning after rebooting my Pixel 2 XL running Android 9 with the Google Pixel January 2019 security update (PQ1A.20190105.004). Arlo app was also updated to 2.7.0_23403 last night. One or the other is now causing this issue.

Peppo57
Aspirant
Aspirant
Experience a problem on android 9 (pie). With the notification from the app. Notification on geofencing are active all time and cannot be acknowledged as you can with notification from your cameras. Meaning you have a mark on your app icon all the time that do not dissappear. Came with the android update, no problem with ver 8
theCoward
Initiate
Initiate
Same, following.

Pixel 3
astipe
Tutor
Tutor

same issue. Galaxy s8+

Android 8.0.0

Arlo App version 2.7.0_23403

LonelyLodge
Tutor
Tutor
Note 9
Android 8.1
Arlo geofencing enabled notification is pinned. Cannot swipe away. Every time I look at phone I see arlo notification icon and think there's a security issue at home. Poor software.
ChristianDK
Guide
Guide
Same issue. Samsung s9+ and newest Arlo app version.
MrCu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem with a notification "Geofencing is enabled" that cannot be cleared. Galaxy S9+ Android 9.0
geotu
Guide
Guide
Same issue on a Pixel 3. Following for updates.
Kommons
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue for me. Why is something so visible, so hard to get right. I'm forced to disable notifications to fix this. Arlo team - please have a automated check for notification bugs like this. 😞
cliniers
Initiate
Initiate
Why is the message "Geofencing is enabled" sticked in the task bar and there is no way to erase the message until it is disabled? It happens from the last update v. 2.7.0_23403 and in every single device