Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

My Arlo app was updated yesterday to version 3.0.  Since this upgrade, videos on my library are now taking on average 45 seconds to play.  When I click a video, it spins for AGES before it plays back.  I know its not my wifi, as other apps are working fine and speedtests from my device repeatedly show 400/400 or better. I am on Frontier Fios.  Changing to cellular makes no difference.  Prior to this app update, my videos played back immediately.

I have removed and reinstalled the app.

I have logged in/out of said app multiple times.

I can't use browser playback for my 2K videos to verify on the arlo cloud (website), however, my other arlo pro videos play back fine from the website.  This appears to indicate an issue with the updated APP.

I have rebooted my device.

I am running IOS 14.4, iPhone12PRO   

Again, it was working JUST FINE before Arlo updated my app to 3.0.  I'm a software engineer, I have never seen so many issues from the same company. Your QA team is either extremely inept or your developers don't know how to code properly. Does anyone TEST this stuff before they put it into production?

Not happy right now.  I have 6 cameras, most of which are Arlo pro but my driveway is on Arlo Pro 3. I have an Arlo smart subscription as well.  

What's going on here?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested this on my Pixel 5 with Android 11, app was updated to 3.0 this morning. It takes ~2-3 seconds to start a video here.

Reboot the phone. Try both WiFi and cell service.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Perhaps READ the post before you reply. I have already rebooted the device and I've already tried both WIFi and Cellular. When someone actually has a helpful solution, I'm available to troubleshoot.

G6
Aspirant
Aspirant

This