App updated V5 - Issues with Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Maggie08
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app was updated to Version 5.0 (8269) and now I am unable to see devices.  I still get notifications that a camera has been activated, but unable to see or manage.   

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you reboot the phone and reinstall the app do you see your cameras? What happens if you use a computer browser to go to my.arlo.com? 

Maggie08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I really appreciate it.

I tried both and it's like its a new account.  When try to add new device, it indicates there is no device to find.   Another iphone that was NOT updated is working just find.   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also try the computer browser suggestion? Was the phone's OS updated recently? Are the OS versions between your phones the same?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do both users see the feed or library tab at the bottom of the Arlo app? 

AussieRTM1
Guide
Guide

I have just updated my iphone to iOS 17.6.1 and the Arlo app to Version 5 and have lost vision from the cameras and also am unable to change the alarm mode.

Mt Arlo Pro 2 cameras have been impacted on the Arlo app but when at home within wireless access Apple's Home app is able to access the camera vision.

As a result my partner who has granted access by me has also lost both vision from the cameras and the ability to change the mode setting. Her phone is on iOS 16.7.10

Clearly a fault caused by the new app version. Hopefully a prompt solution Arlo please.

Maggie08
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured out that it’s not related to the app upgrade.   If I sign is as me it doesn’t work but sign in as my husband it does.   Can you only have one user account to use when access is shared?  If yes, then my issue is resolved.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maggie08 wrote:

If I sign is as me it doesn’t work but sign in as my husband it does.   

Does your husband's account show "Library" in the app menu?  Or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Also, what does your account show?

"Friend" access only works when both accounts match - either both showing "Library" or both showing "Feed".  

@Maggie08 wrote:

If I sign is as me it doesn’t work but sign in as my husband it does.   

While it is possible to migrate an account from "Library" to "Feed", there might be a better solution for you.  Arlo recently began allowing multiple simultaneous logins to the same account.  So you could both just use your husband's account.  That would give you both full control over camera settings.

AussieRTM1
Guide
Guide

I solved the problem with my setup this morning.

Configuration: VMB4000r3 base station and 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

The app showed the base station to be offline. This was the case whether I used the app on any version of iOS and also when I logged into my account with a laptop.

In all cases no camera vision or mode control was possible but library access was possible and the mode did change according to our scheduled settings. Notifications did occur in response to the mode setting.

This morning I powered down the base station and disconnected the power lead for 2 minutes. I then restarted the base station.

All functionality appears to have returned with vision available from all cameras both on the Arlo app, computer account login and Apple Homekit.

So my suggestion to anyone experiencing a loss of image or control with VMB4000 and Arlo Pro 2 cameras would be to start with a power down and restart of your base station.