Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App disconnects saying another device is logged in and now night vision not working after reset.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rhar16
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the most recent App update, my App continues to disconnect saying there is another device logged in.  There are no other devices logged in.  I contacted Arlo support and they had me reset my hub, that didn't work, but it did cause a  new problem.  After the reset, the night vision is no longer working on 1 of my cameras.  The camera has a loud click and the red lights come on, but the video recorded is completely black.  It works fine during the day.  Support had me completely reset my internet modem to fix these 2 problems.  It didn't fix either.  I tried contacting Arlo support again, and but they are sending me links to info completely unrelated to my issues so I think they have given up.  Any suggestions to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rhar16,

Looks like you mentioned that you contacted the support team. Let me reach out to you to gather more information from you in regards to that experience via private message.

rhar16
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have supplied the details to the Arlo Support team on 3 different occasions.  I get replies that address issues that  do not have, or I get no reply at all.  And I had no problems until Arlo updated the App, messed it up, then had me doing all types of resets to try to "fix" it.  

rhar16
Aspirant
Aspirant

After trying to communicate with Arlo Support via a support ticket, support chat, Arlo community, and private messaging I am getting no response.  Although I have made contact with the support team, they all end up saying they will contact me by email.  They send 1 request for information, I reply with the details needed, and I never hear from them again.  Arlo support does not exist.  My problems started when the App update began disconnecting me from the App and initial contact with support instructed me to completely uninstall the App and disconnect my hub and cameras and start over.  Immediately following this process, 1 of my cameras cannot get the night vision to work, and I still get disconnected from the app.  Arlo support seemingly responded to this community request for assistance, however, as usual, when I replied with the requested information I never heard back from them.  Trying to get some assistance from Arlo Support for 2 weeks and nothing.  When a company refuses to support their customers, their product is a waste of money.  Time to switch to Ring cameras.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a follow up private message to you about your experience with the support team. Hope to hear from you soon.

rhar16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica, I replied to your message with the requested information.  I have provided this same information 3 times before to other Arlo Support team members, but no one ever actually follows up after they receive my contact information. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing your contact info to me via private message. I've escalated your case to the team for them to review your case further.