Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App arlo is bad. 2FA is stupid. Arlo's support is terrible.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Minlee
Follower
Follower

I can't log in app Arlo by Iphone X. when I log in by  code 2FA, it's show "oops! an error has occurred. try again"

I can't chat online with Arlo's support. when I update "my support case", so long time they ansers. after 4-5 times, they don't ansers anything and my problem still there. 

I tried reset network on iphone. (Not success)
I tried reset my modem network. (Not success)
I tried reset my modem Arlo. (Not success)
I tried receive 2FA code by email. (Not success)
I can't turn off 2FA.
BUT…
When I go to web (my.arlo), I received 2FA code and I connect SUCCESS.
When I go to web (my.arlo) by Iphone (safari,chrome…) web automatic request connect by app Arlo and NOT SUCCESS connect.

27 REPLIES 27
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Minlee,

You mentioned you contacted the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather for more information from you.

vikejriw
Tutor
Tutor
I am having a similar issue. I have an access granted to my spouse. She can login to the web on laptop but on the phone she gets 'oops an error occured'. She has sms and email 2fa and tried both. Deleted and reinstalled the app few times. Arlo help asks me to pay for a subscription to get help so that I can use the damn cameras that I paid for. Her device is iphone 13 pro, with the latest version of app installed. She can login with my account. We did a password reset for her, deleted the grant and readded her to the access grant.
vikejriw
Tutor
Tutor
Also I got the login succeed on Android app. Can't get it to work on iphone app. Goes to 2fa and then 'oops an error occured'. Try again'. Been trying this for 5 days. There should be support for this without having to pay to just get the app to work. Such a scam
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi vikejriw,

What iOS version is the iPhone 13 Pro on? Is this happening when you're on your cellular data and/or WiFi?

vikejriw
Tutor
Tutor

Iphone model : 13 Pro

IOS Version: 15.0.2

Repro: Both in WiFi and Cellular (5g and 4g).

The same account is accessible via web/android app. Also on android app the android phone is given the option of becoming a trusted device, but on the iphone it never gets that far.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try offloading the app by going to your iPhone "Settings" > Tap on "General" > Tap on "iPhone Storage" > Wait for it to load and then tap on "Arlo" > Tap on "Offload App".

Once you've offloaded the app, try tapping on "Reinstall App" and see if that helps.

vikejriw
Tutor
Tutor

So the steps performed:
- Offload App

- Delete App (though not asked for, still did it)

- Install app from app store

- Retried to login with sms 2FA

- Still the same issue

2021-10-18_2.13.38_PM.png
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

BADLZRD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also having a similar issue, offloaded app on iPhone 13 Pro ios 15.0.2, rebooted phone, then reinstalled app and showing error message "Your request timed out". Does this on the safari browser and the app whether on wifi or cellular data. I am able to login on a PC browser and my wife is able to login on her android device without issue. This issue began after the last Arlo update version 3.5.8

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BADLZRD,

When does this error message show up? Is it when you hit when you hit "Log In" after entering your email address and password? Or is it after you enter your code in for Two-Step Verification?

Can you also provide a screenshot that shows the error message?

BADLZRD
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does it after I enter my email and password and hit login, I will try and get the screenshots posted.
BADLZRD
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the error code on Safari Browser

IMG_2463.jpg
BADLZRD
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the error on the Arlo App

IMG_2464.jpg
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for those screenshots. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

freddydinh1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue when tried to log in for my spouse (access granted as admin). Pls help

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi freddydinh1988,

Are you having problem logging in as the main account holder? Can you show a screenshot of the error message that you're receiving?

freddydinh1988
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was able to log in but stop at 2nd authen. I cannot attach the picture (not valid extension :|)

At the 2nd authen when i need to input the code. I provided the correct one then hit “continue”. The error pop up at the top of the screen “Oops, an error has occurred. Try again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@freddydinh1988 wrote:
I cannot attach the picture (not valid extension :|)

If it is jpeg, then rename it to jpg.

vikejriw
Tutor
Tutor
I have had this issue for more than a month now. Beside asking for my phone model, os and app version and then my ip address there is absolutely no progress. It is to a point that I found buying blink system and installing/using easier and more reliable. Unless someone in the community knows the answer we are pretty much screwed. Just horrible support
Wuyi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently upgraded my phone to Iphone 13 pro and i have a similar problem.

It tries authenticating by sending a 6 digit code to my phone or email but after entering the 6 digit number, it comes up with "Oops an error has occurred. Try again"

vikejriw
Tutor
Tutor

I dont think it gonna be fixed anytime soon. I have been stuck with this issue and ended up trying out Wyze cameras as the app just always works and the location backed home and away seems to also be better for Iphones.

Having spend upwards of $400 for a non usable app+camera, and then waiting for nearly 3 months with no resolution insight, seems to be a good reason to starting thinking of switching.

Wuyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
You might want to install the recent update. For iOS, it was released this week and works for me
vikejriw
Tutor
Tutor

Tried the new update. First gave me the issue saying my mobile payload is bad, then when i switched the 2 factor auth from txt to email started showing the "oops" error again. 

freddydinh1988
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried ip12 pro max, then giving up with error message. Now upgrading to ip13 pro, have new issue called “jasoniliaztion” horrible experience