Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android app unusable.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
App keeps crashing regardless of what I do. This is ridiculous.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo mobile app has been release that resolves this issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store:

Release Notes - Android App 2.4.11 - 11th April 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device and OS? Not a widespread issue so would seem to be isolated to your installation.

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Pixel XL Android 8.1.0
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been recent issues with the latest OSes for both Android and iOS. When the OS changes, the apps have to change to allow them to work properly.  That said, I believe engineering is aware and working on a solution but I would open a case with support here to help raise pressure for a fix.

In the meantime, use of a browser will mostly work on your phone. Use https://arlo.netgear.com and set the browser menu to use the desktop version. Live view won't work since there's no Flash but most other things will.

rbalston
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Android cell phones (Samsung Note 4, Note 5) and both of them will crash if I touch anything on the screen once the app loads.  This started doing it right after the last update to the Android app.  I have tried removing the app on both devices and reinstalling with no luck.  This has to be fixed.  I spent $700 on this system and am not a happy customer for sure.  I have even tried using the website on my cell phone but it denies me access to my cameras for some reason.  I can use my laptop successfully but I don't carry that in my pocket.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you put in a report to Netgear and filed an issue ( bottom of page )

They can't fix it if they don't know.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering and it is currently being investigated. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo mobile app has been release that resolves this issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store:

Release Notes - Android App 2.4.11 - 11th April 2018

JamesC

rbalston
Aspirant
Aspirant

I updated all 3 of my Android devices and now the Arlo app is working again.  Until next time...