Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro Pro vs Nest/Y-Cam/Netatmo

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Walker705
Follower
Follower
Hello,

I’ve recently purchased a Nest Outdoor Cam after being caught up in the excitement of Black Friday discounts and a recommendation from a colleague who has two and the stats too.

The reviews I’m not reading are saying that while Nest is good, it’s unnecessarily expensive, I watch two minute events for 10 seconds of activity, and I personally don’t see the point of a continuous upload when you can always ensure full events are capture if the cam is always on/wired in (or should be able to).

The three alternatives I like the look of that offer good reviews seem to be Netatmo Presence, Y-Cam, and then Arlo Pro. I’m attracted to these as monthly fees are non-existent or what I feel is fairly priced in comparison to Nest Aware, offer flexible storage, only save what’s necessary, with all the main features you’d except.

As Arlo seems to offer everything I’m aiming for I’m hoping someone can buy a bit more critical and explain any issues there might be, unless these are limited, or where the others I mention are better. Key things I want to make sure is as it’s not continuously record it doesn’t regularly miss events, video quality, what is the Arlo app like, can it be shared well like Nest can with family, does it notify you well, motion zone performance and reliability, recording locally to base hub, mainly the headline points?

On another note I like the Netatmo and Y-Cam as they also offer house alarms, but I particularly like the look of Somfy Protect with the vibration detection and outdoor siren as deterrents, and the fobs for controlling it and knowing when my family is safely home.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Walker705,

It may be useful for you to take a look at the comparisons chart on the Arlo Products page to help make your decision.

Take a look here by clicking "compare": Arlo Products

JamesC