Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro Pro Static Sound On Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
MinhT8
Guide
Guide

Getting static ticking sound on all three cameras. I got this from costco. Should i return it?

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends how much it effects a sound recording..

It use to be a clock tic but was heard without other audio present... this was fixed a while back TMK so check your firmware also

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I have one camera that is making a very loud noise (sounds like a helicopter in the background) on all recordings, this camera is also draining the battery in less than 10 hours with minimal recordings. I'm waiting on a replacement for it ( they sent me an arlo go instead of two replacement arlo pros!) It's only been making the noise for about a month,  no noise on my other four camera's . Is yours also draining battery?

MinhT8
Guide
Guide

I can hear it in the background. I check other users recording and the sound is clean. The click and static noise is constant. I can hear it clearly when cameras are recording in live mode when it’s quite.

MinhT8
Guide
Guide

First thing that was done was a firmware update

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I have received and set up my replacement camera and there is no nose. I have 4 other cameras and they have never had the nose. I would return your cameras for replacement. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi MinhT8,

There are a few thing we can try. Have you tried pulling & reinserting the battery, rebooting the base station, Tried removing and re syncing the camera? Devices > Settings > Remove Device (At The Bottom).

TampaThom
Guide
Guide

I have three Arlo Pro 2 cameras connected to a single base station. One has no audio, only static during both recording and live view. I relocated it to another camera location which does not have the static to eliminate interference, the symptom follows the camera. I have pulled and then fully charged the battery, but the poblem persists. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this or is the camera defective?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

TampaThom,

Is the cameras firmware up to date? I'm sure you have already tried rebooting the base station? if you have not, you may try this to see if it resolves the issue. You can also try and remove and re sync the camera as a last resort.

TampaThom
Guide
Guide
Thanks for your reply. I did reboot the base station. What does "resync the battery" mean? I did remove it and reinsert it. I assume the firmware is up to date, there is no place to check for updates individually, but the system, as a whole, says it is.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

TampaThom.

As a last resort we can try to remove the camera from the settings and re sync. You can find this under Devices > Locate the correct camera > Settings Wheel > Scroll Down > Remove Device. 

TampaThom
Guide
Guide

That did not work either. Soemthing weird though, when I added the camera back, it kept the same name, just reset some other settings to default. So I did it again, but removed and reinserted the battery before readding it. Same outcome.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

TampaThom,

Do to the amount of issues you are experiencing, I suggest contacting Customer Support. I have attached the link her for you: Arlo Tech Support

TampaThom
Guide
Guide

Yeah, that would be awesome, but the Live Chat is unavailable and the phone number is constantly busy. SMH.