Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All cameras offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JesseWarren
Tutor
Tutor
I'm out of the country. All my cameras are suddenly offline for some reason. How do I troubleshoot remotely? This is a problem, I literally bought these cameras to have while I'm away on this trip.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and a browser. You can try a base restart from Settings, My Devices but if someone has physical access that might be a better choice.

JesseWarren
Tutor
Tutor
The "Restart" option is faded out when I go through My Devices on the app.
And when I tried to access the cameras through the website, I got an "invalid address" message.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your only choice is to have someone physically present to power cycle the base.  Won't help you now but consider a WiFi switch such as a WeMo to plug your base into.  That way you can remotely power cycle the base as long as your WiFi is working.

JesseWarren
Tutor
Tutor
This is very disappointing to hear. I understand there are a lot of things that go into making a successful product like this. And Arlo does many things right. But if I can't count on it to remotely secure my home - if I'm expected to be there to physically power cycle in situations like this, which is impossible at this point - then I'll regrettably have to return my Arlo system and try to find another alternate to secure my home while I'm away.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JesseWarren,

It could be due to a power outage or internet outage at the location. Do you have any way of determining either?

JamesC

JesseWarren
Tutor
Tutor

My neighbor in the duplex said there was no power outage.  My internet has (strangely) always been reliable.

This is the second time the Arlo cameras shut down on me.  The first was when I removed one to recharge it's batteries.  Not sure why the whole system went down.  I had to reboot everything physically.  At least that was something I could be aware of and make sure the cameras were back online after I ever recharged batteries.  But the whole system shutting down unexpectedly while I'm away is not something I can learn to live with.

~ JW