All Arlo Pro Cameras went offline and can't resync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
khartnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro cameras (VMC4030) and a base station (VMB4000r3). Everything has been working fine however on 9/8/23 suddenly all 4 cameras went offline.

I tried rebooting the base station, no luck.

I tried re-syncing the camera, but it just blinks amber twice instead of blue. It blinks twice every 15 seconds.

I tried the 'factory reset' by holding down sync for ~15 seconds, but it just still blinks amber every 15 seconds.

I tried removing one of the cameras from the app before trying to re-sync with no difference.

I know this product has been EOL, but it's been working great until now and I hope I can continue to use it.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That amber blinking means a dead battery. Charge them using a charger that supports both 5V and 9V outputs and try again (while on AC power the camera should respond properly and reconnect by itself). You may need to follow this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

khartnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!!

I'm not sure how all 4 of my cameras batteries suddenly went dead, but that seems to have been the case. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would suspect that the base somehow lost contact (it was turned off?). The cameras would then run the batteries down trying to reconnect to the non-existent base.

BTW, there's no way to reset these cameras using the sync button. Only the new cameras, starting with the Ultras, can do this.

khartnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes sense. Thanks again!