Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alert system when out door unit got tempered or touched

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tkvijaii
Aspirant
Aspirant

If plan for future upgrade for alro pro camera ,,,specially out door unit camera should have alert siren sound if some one touches or tempered or tried steeling which has been highly inversed hard earn money...

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If someone touches it, it will start recording. If you're concerned about the camera getting stolen, consider tethering it as per some threads on the site. You'll never 100% guarantee they won't get stolen but if you make it a little more difficult than just a magnetic connection, you should be OK. Make sure you position the cameras so they're difficult to sneak up on

tkvijaii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just suggested in future upgrade for alro pro since out door unit equiped with battery & the speaker that could enough to create siren if it touches someone.

Base station makes noice its useless if one one at  home, when someone touches.

Also posibility can takeout battery power if the outdoor unit equiped siren sound,so it must design such a way not easy to dismandle cover of battery.

Even nobody at home siren sound can alert neighborhood can come & see whats happing out side....

Above all its my view of new upgrade should it be come out since i like very much netgear products...

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you put a skin on your camera, it will take a bit longer for a thief to access the battery.

Also consider having the camera out of reach if you're concerned that someone might steal it. Again, if they really really want to take your camera and will go to the effort of getting a ladder to reach it, you're not going to stop them whatever measures you take