Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lamprhey
Aspirant
Aspirant

(1st post- hi from UK everyone)  Everything has been working fine for a year or more until I decided to remove the memory stick from the base station in order to archive recordings.  Having done so I reformatted the stick (FAT32) and replaced it in the base station.  Since then the web portal says "Your base station is offline" when accessed from my Win7 laptop and my Android tablet alike.  I've checked that it's connected by ethernet cable to my broadband router;  the base station is showing three green LEDs and the router is also working normally.  I've power cycled both the base station and the router without success.  Any suggestions would be welcome...

8 REPLIES 8
johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

check all cables on the back of the base unit. I had same problem and found the ethernet yellow connector was loose and came out of the base unit as it only clips in. pushed back in and all working again

Lamprhey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that suggestion - I examined the ethernet cable but it is fully located at both ends. I unplugged it and back into a different  ethernet socket on the router but no improvement. The three leds on the base unit are solid green which means it can access the Internet,  so what else could be worth playing with?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you remove the USB drive?

Lamprhey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried again after removing the memory stick without success.  I will try it again shortly.

I plan to turn the power to the base station off, remove the stick, wait a couple of minutes, then restart.

Any suggestions for variations / additions would be cautiously welcomed!

Lamprhey
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have switched off the base unit, removed the memory stick, waited for the regulation two minutes, then restarted.

It settled down to three steady green LEDs very quickly, which I understand to indicate that it is connected to the internet.

But sadly the the web portal is still saying "Your base station is offline".

Further assistance is requested!  Thanks in advance.

Lamprhey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a support person monitoring these messages who can provide any comment or assistance?  I really need to re-establish communication with the security system as soon as possible.

It looks to me as if the base station is happy that it can communicate with the internet, as the three LEDs are green, the central one flashing briefly at intervals.  When I use my Win7 laptop or my Android tablet to access the web portal I can view and modify the config settings, but when I select the Devices view the recent camera images are shaded and each overlaid with the message "Your base station is offline ... ".  I assume from this that I am accessing my normal view of the 'cloud' but that it can no longer communicate with my base station.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Lamprhey,

I can help create a case for you so our support team can assist you further. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.

Lamprhey
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been picked up by Arlo Support, but they seem to have gone quiet now after I provided the info they asked for.  Can someone please let me know what is happening?  Thanks...