Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Meyekl
Follower
Follower
37 REPLIES 37
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Anjos

Have you tried to update to the latest IOS & test these issues again?

Anjos
Star
Star
I just updated to iOS 12.1.2, and retried everything. I resinstalled the app, restarted, and etc. The issues are still present.
ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 14, 2019

Good grief, I was just about to tell you where to find the "Activity Zone" since the January 2019 update, and since I have both Pro & Pro2 cameras, I checked mine, and you are absolutely correct!  It's only on the HD cameras that it's available now, right in the Settings and then the Video Settings, but the non HD cameras do not have the Activity Zone choice in the Video Settings....WTF, they were all working, or should I say, available to add on all the Arlo Pro & Pro 2 cameras.  The activity zones also are just another feature that does not work reliably.

ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 14, 2019 (USA)

IOS iphone app......I have both Pro2 (1080p hd) and Pro cameras (720p), and my two Pro2 (1080pHD) cameras have the Activity Zone available under "Device Settings" scroll down to Video and on the HD cameras only I have a choice of Video Settings > and Activity Zones >, however my regular 720p cameras do not have Activity Zones option.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Everybody

What Device/Model/OS/App Version are you experiencing this issue with?

bigredx86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Might be just me but I no longer have activity zones in the web app now.

Also, I noticed in the app, I can no longer change what camera notifications I want, Animals, Packages, People, or All motion, thats all gone now.

????, What happen?

CaneZMD
Star
Star
Arlo pro, iOS, iPhone XS Max.

Everything on newest firmware, OS and all versions.

As you can see, the active zone selection screen has been completely removed from the app.
Stevet819
Tutor
Tutor

same issue you are seeing!!! What the hell Arlo!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

fplath
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just found this thread after trying to change my activity zones and did not see the option. As we pay money to have this option available, Hope this gets fixed ASAP.
jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have this issue too now. Activity zones were present in the iOS app (though they didn’t work), and now they are gone for my Arlo Pro cameras. They are still there for my Pro 2 cameras, but again, they don’t work.

I suspect Arlo came to the view that it is better to remove the feature all together than keep it there when it isn’t working.
fplath
Aspirant
Aspirant
This issue has been fixed and activity zones are back in version 2.7.1 (01/17/19)
dave4u69
Star
Star

Can we please get the activity zones to work. I think masking is the term that other cams use where you set a zone you want the cam to activate only in. The activity zones on Arlo dont work that way and if i could get them to work the way you guys have them set up is for it to trigger anywhere out the zone and record to library only with no alerts and if zone is triggered then an alert is sent. This way is completely stupid as you would have a library full of recordings and need to go through them to find the ones that alerted you. Also it consumes the same amount of battery life as no zones set. So please if your American programmers cant make a zone to only trigger and record in the activity zone set, could you please ask a Chinese programmer to do it for you so im not alerted by trees, neighbours, cars, pedestrians,etc that is outside of the activity set zone. And i always thought the Amercans had the best programmers...mmm OR Maybe ask a Kiwi programmer to do it for you...we send rockets into space too now so fixing the activity zones would be no hassel.