Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Wolverine63
Follower
Follower

This occurs in both Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras. While live viewing, an Adobe Flash Player settings box is in every camera when opening for viewing. Inside the box it says "Local storage, Allow Arlo.Netgear.com to store information on your computer". At bottom inside box it has Allow or Deny which you cannot check either. How is this fixed? This only occurs when viewing on our Apple Air laptop, NOT on any other computer, phones or pads.

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32
TexasWriter
Tutor
Tutor

I am still getting the same message.  I'm on a Mac in Safari.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

TexasWriter wrote:

I am still getting the same message.  I'm on a Mac in Safari.

I found this on the Adobe website..........

To access the local Flash Player Settings Manager for your Mac.........

Go to "System Preferences" (under Other) click Flash Player

TexasWriter
Tutor
Tutor

Many thanks. Changing Flash Player local storage for Arlo from "Ask Me" to "Allow" via System Preferences appears to have fixed my problem. For other Mac users who are having the problem.  Go to System Preferences. Storage Tab. Select Local Storage Settings by Site. Scroll down to "Arlo." Change "Ask Me" to "Allow."

kritty55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much. This was driving me nuts. Easy once you know where to look. 🙂 

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

The post by pc2k17 works.

All you have to do after opening Control Panel/Adobe is add arlo.netgear.com.

Tinkeringeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Excellent. Thanks for the tip. That works perfectly.

daniela29579
Aspirant
Aspirant

OMG this totally worked and I never in a million years would have been able to fix this myself and even arlo support did not have the solution - they just told me to use a different browser.  Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike517
Aspirant
Aspirant

This solution worked...for a while. The message popped back up on live feeds and the arlo.netgear.com was gone from the Control Panel > Flash category.  Reinstalled as directed and the message on the Live feed is still there.  Any ideas?