Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Account not working!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
carolkj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.  My Arlo wireless cameras have been working fine since I got them about 18 months ago.  Suddenly, last night, my account would continually close while I was trying to view (I use an iPhone 11).  It went on and on, with me constantly having to log back in, only to have the app shut down again.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the app numerous times, and ended up with the updated version.  Once the version updated, it no longer recognized me AT ALL, and I had to create a brand new account using a new email, which I did.  

As of right now, it's saying I have to re-install the base station and the cameras all over again! There are also no files saved from my original account...what the heck happened here?!

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @carolkj

Is there a possibility someone else was logging in with your credentials? This would cause you to be logged out of the app.

Which version of the Arlo app are you using as well as iOS on your iphone?

carolkj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne.  We realized that my daughter was trying to log in on her phone, so she did stop doing that.  However, once I upgraded the Arlo app, there was no way that I could log in at all.  I ended up having to create a brand new account, then had to speak to an Arlo rep to get my base station and cameras re-installed (so to speak).  He walked me through the whole procedure and was very patient and informative.  As of right now, it's back up and working fine; I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way! Thank you for your comment.  🙂

I updated the Arlo app yesterday, so it's the most recent version.