Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ability to record a little after motion is no longer detected

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jstasen
Follower
Follower
My cameras often cut recording before the action/ event/ motion is complete. Another 10-20 seconds would be great
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jstasen,

You might consider taking a look at the "Record until activity stops" feature for your Arlo Pro. This will allow the recording to continue as long as motion is still detected by the camera.

You can enable this feature by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Mode > edit the desired mode > edit the desired rule > edit "Record Video" > select "Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec)"

JamesC

Haulero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Even if it sets to the maximum recording time, my cameras may quit recording even if you can clearly see the person still in movement.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use the timed recording setting, the recording stops regardless of motion.  After a reset period of ~10 seconds, another recording will start as long as motion is actually still detectable.

If you use record until motion stops, recording will stop after about 5 seconds of no detectable motion.

Note that both require DETECTABLE motion.  Just because something is moving doesn't mean the cameras can detect it due to distance, size and IR signature of the subject, etc.  As a side note, folks like to test by waving their arms - my tests have shown that your arms aren't a big enough IR source to reliably trigger compared to your body.