Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Aarlo Smart Camera over exposed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jimelder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was disappointed to find that the IR unit is not synced with the camera. Target is totally obliterated (white out) within 5 ft of the camera. Also coverage is vary narrow. Any solutions out there?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The IR illumination is what it is... if objects are to close , they will be whited out of over-exposed.

What are you looking to get a picture of that will be that close?

Narrorow, not really, the lens in my opinion is wide at 110 to 130 d (depending on the camera )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jimelder
Aspirant
Aspirant

By narrow, i mean the IR illuminator spot, not the camera FOV. This IR distribution is typical of lower end cameras with on Board 850 NM illuminiators.  The 5ft image im talking about is the face-on shot as the subject approaches the camera. A number of commercial products (which i am most familiar with) integegrate the sensor with the IR so you dont get the wash out. 

Regarding the close up, I have postioned the camera so i can have a clear identity level veiw of the face as the target presents in front of my door. Good in day; bad in IR. 

As you say... it is what it is. I have a wide angle IR illumintor I may try; or move the cam..