Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVM4000C bought 2 systems can't add camera to system at our home

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gdog092
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought 2 AVM4000C systems one for our home and one for a family member. Bought almost exactly one year ago. Also bought 2 spare batteries and the Arlo branded charger. I had only set up one camera at our house and wanted to set up a second. I have walked thru the steps given on the support pages and on my phone app FOUR times including power cycling the 3 button base station. I've tried a total of 3 cameras with 4 batteries and NONE of them will connect. So right now I basically have NO way to reach support (been on chat for 20 minutes), one live camera and NO plan of how to get my $429 system running with MORE THAN ONE CAMERA!!! Yes I'm shouting! I've spent over $800 on Arlo Pro "crap" only to have 2 cameras that work. The 4 batteries were all charged and showing green in the Arlo charger. What I initially thought was a cool product has been an $850 disaster for us....zero help = zero stars, thanks for nuthin' Arlo.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Take a breath.

You haven't given us enough details to work with. You're trying to connect an additional camera to your system, right? First, you don't even need to use the app. All you need to do is to is briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds - and then the camera sync button. Of course, this requires a charged battery - I ass-u-me you've charged it?

Gdog092
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took several "breaths" please don't get cute with me; the initial setup for the 2 systems I spent over $800 on was easy-peasy; had both of them up and recording in no time flat. and yes, I briefly pushed the button on not 1, not 2, but three spare cameras with 4 differenct fully charged batteries according to the Arlo double battery charger, okay? So in my network engineer head, I'm following the steps "prescribed" on the website AND prescribed on the app (I know you don't need it, the first 3 attempts I simply pushed the sync button on the base and then the button on whatever camera I was trying. None of them would sync, slow blue light for about 60 sec., then rapid amber light and then lights out.

After waiting on chat hold for about 30 minutes, someone came on and had me do the following, which worked and which I did not have to do on original setup. Still doesn't make sense why I had to do step one, but it WORKED. She had me:

1)Unplug my Frontier router power supply

2)Unplug the CAT5 from my base station and wait a few seconds

3)Make sure I had a charged battery in the camera (which by now was  a sore spot)

4)Push and release the sync button on the base, then push and release the sync on one of the cameras; I got the slow blue blink followed by the expected rapid blue blink and boom, synced

5)Plug in and power back up the Frontier router and wait a couple more minutes for service to return

In all, this was about 90 minutes of my life, I can never have back...it shouldn't have taken this long. Arlo support is nothing to write home about. Support is my work life. I support over 300 companies as a DB admin so I'm a bit sensitive when support that I need is substandard... thanks for your reply however. Hopefully the pain I went thru today is helpful to someone in the future.