Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Solar Panel Issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rbudge
Guide
Guide

This message is for an Administrator.  I see Netgear has acknowledged there is an issue with the Outdoor Power Adapter.  The supposedly weatherproof adapter is allowing water intrusion on the camera power adapter causing damage.  Why hasn't Netgear put out the same warning for the Solar panels.  It is the same exact power connector.  I tried to explain this to the outstanding customer support experts (Not!!!)  but after weeks of emails I have given up with customer support.  I would like to be contacted by a true expert to discuss.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be Honest, you have a better chance of 'going up the chain' via a trouble report either phone or email.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, it may (or may not) be a bit of a stretch to say that it's the same connector. It's a different device so the connector may well be different, even if it looks the same. We have no way of knowing for sure.

Also, the solar panel simply can't deliver the same current that the power supply does.  While that doesn't mean the same issues may not occur, it does mean it won't cause a fire, melt down the connector, etc.  It would seem to be a safety recall, not a generic one.