Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO stopped recording. VMB4000,

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ek7
Follower
Follower

THANK YOU ARLO.. bought Arlo through Costco in November 2018.  I added several more cameras to have 5 total and I use the "free" version with 5 days of cloud storage.  This works for me.  Not really free, you have to purchase the equipment.  I'm not cheap, just money smart.   The system is far from perfect...  Talk is too delayed to have a conversation, video is 10 seconds in delayed,  but motion alert and 5-day recorded playback was decent enough for my needs. 

Looks like my system has been designated for reassignment.. in the trash!  "EOL" AKA- extort more loot.  Shut off my recordings and I'll but a subscription?  Maybe, maybe not.   I dare you to try to get a human on the phone to discuss .  Its likely easier to speak with the secretary of state during war time.   Decided I would entertain the "upgrade"... those of you now laughing understand.   I didn't qualify for an upgrade even though I registered in 2018.   

Curious why the "Thank You" ?   I decided to start seeing other people... through a different camera system.   I get its a business, you are now -1.  

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ek7 wrote:

Shut off my recordings

No idea why your recordings stopped, but it is not because Arlo removed the 7-day cloud storage for the legacy cameras.  They didn't.

If you are wanting to troubleshoot the system (guessing not), you could post back with more details on what you've tried to do to fix it, and we can possibly help.